There are a number of defibrillators in the Kimberley area. Currently in these locations:
Impressions Dentist, 49 Victoria St, NG16 2NH
Kimberley Leisure Centre, Newdigate St, NG16 2NJ
Sainsbury’s Supermarket, Main St, NG16 2LY
Advice on how to use a defibrillator from the British Heart Foundation
If you’re on your own, don’t interrupt the CPR to go and get a defibrillator. If it’s possible, send someone else to find one. When you call 999, the operator can tell you if there’s a public access defibrillator nearby.
To use a defibrillator, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Turn the defibrillator on by pressing the green button and follow its instructions.
- Step 2: Peel off the sticky pads and attach them to the patient’s skin, one on each side of the chest, as shown in the picture on the defibrillator.
- Step 3: Once the pads have been attached, stop CPR and don’t touch the patient. The defibrillator will then analyse the patient’s heart rhythm.
- Step 4: The defibrillator will assess whether a shock is needed and if so, it will tell you to press the shock button. An automatic defibrillator will shock the patient without prompt. Do not touch the patient while they are being shocked.
- Step 5: The defibrillator will tell you when the shock has been delivered and whether you need to continue CPR.
- Step 6: Continue with chest compressions and rescue breaths until the patient shows signs of life or the defibrillator tells you to stop so it can analyse the heartbeat again.
For more information use this link
Please note, this information is believed to be correct when posted. In an emergency call 999 and they will tell you where the nearest defibrillator is.